Announcements : LAW: Sydney 2018
Announcement: LAW: Sydney 2018
Program Director Information:
Prof. Evangeline Abriel
In Case of Emergency:
- If it is a life-threatening situation, call your local version of 911 first. If you, or someone else, are able to, call the phone number on your CHUBB card so that they can provide you with guidance.
- Contact your Program Director so that they are aware of the situation and can help locally.
- Call Santa Clara University's Campus Safety at (408) 554-4444 to let them know about any urgent situations. They will initiate a phone tree at Santa Clara.
- Send an email (email@example.com) or leave a voicemail (+1-408-551-1955) at the Center for Global Law and Policy
- Caller First and Last Name
- Caller relationship to person calling about
- Caller contact information
- First and Last Name of the student/participant involved
- Country in which the student/participant is currently located
- Name of the Program Abroad (make sure to mention Law)
- SCU ID#
- Detailed description of the situation (What happened to whom, when and where, etc.)
- Contact information for the student/participant, if different from the caller
- Who you have already contacted or left a message with
Sydney combined syllabus 2018.pdf
Updated course schedule May 15, 2018.pdf
Sydney Newsletter March 2018.pdf
Cover page and table of contents.pdf
Unit 1 Current refugee situations.pdf
Unit 2 International and Regional Definitions of Refugee.pdf
Unit 3 Overview of Australian Legal System.pdf
Unit 4 U.S. definition of refugee; overview of U.S. protection programs.pdf
Unit 5 Overview of Australia's Protection Programs.pdf
Unit 6 Persecution, standards of proof, discretion.pdf
Unit 7 The Nexus Requirement.pdf
Unit 8 Protected Grounds of Religion, Race, and Nationality.pdf
Unit 9 Protected Ground of Political Opinion.pdf
Unit 10 Protected Ground of Membership in a Particular Social Group.pdf
Unit 11 Exceptions to Protection.pdf\
Unit 12 the Convention against Torture.pdf
Unit 13 The Process of Establishing the Claim.pdf
Unit 14 Relief for Victims of Trafficking in Persons.pdf
Unit 15 Other Relief for Victims of Crime and Disaster.pdf
Unit 16 Refugees and Climate Change.pdf
2018 Refugee Law Hypotheticals (combined).pdf?
Sydney Facebook Page
3.12.18 - Email 1 - General information and reminders.pdf
3.19.18 - Email 2 - Financial Aid and Facebook.pdf
4.3.18 - Email #3 - Orientation, Tuition deadline, Passport and Waivers.pdf
4.11.18 - Email #4 - Tuition Due and Orientation.pdf
Other Items from SCU:
SCU Student Code of Conduct
Department of State Country Specific Information
Centers for Disease Control Traveler's Health
Department of State Worldwide Travel Alert
How to Make Sure You Travel with Medication Legally
Department of State - Australia Specific Info.
Centers for Disease Control - Australia Specific Info.\
Department of State - Fiji Specific Info.
Centers for Disease Control - Fiji Specific Info.