Announcements : LAW: Costa Rica 2018
Announcement: LAW: Costa Rica 2018
Program Director Information:
Prof. Francisco Rivera
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention STRONGLY recommend that visitors to Costa Rica take Malaria medication. Please review the links at the bottom of this page for more information. It is in your best interest to follow this recommendation.
The U.S. Dept of State encourages travelers to NOT travel to Poas Volcano National Park.
In Case of Emergency:
- If it is a life-threatening situation, call your local version of 911 first. If you, or someone else, are able to, call the phone number on your CHUBB card so that they can provide you with guidance.
- Contact your Program Director so that they are aware of the situation and can help locally.
- Call Santa Clara University's Campus Safety at (408) 554-4444 to let them know about any urgent situations. They will initiate a phone tree at Santa Clara.
- Send an email (email@example.com) or leave a voicemail (+1-408-551-1955) at the Center for Global Law and Policy
- Caller First and Last Name
- Caller relationship to person calling about
- Caller contact information
- First and Last Name of the student/participant involved
- Country in which the student/participant is currently located
- Name of the Program Abroad (make sure to mention Law)
- SCU ID#
- Detailed description of the situation (What happened to whom, when and where, etc.)
- Contact information for the student/participant, if different from the caller
- Who you have already contacted or left a message with
Costa Rica Syllabus 2018 - rev 180603.docx
Readings not found online:
- Steinhardt et al, Intl Hum Rts Lawyering, THE IDEA OF HUM RTS, pp 1-22 (1).pdf
- Moeckli et al, International Human Rights Law, pp 130-132.pdf
- Henkin et al, Human Rights, Principal HR Instruments, pp. 214-223.pdf
- Moeckli, Daniel, "Equality and Non-Discrimination", pp. 189-207.pdf.
- Pablo Gonza´lez-Domi´nguez, The Doctrine of Conventionality Control, Between Uniformity and Legal Pluralism in the Inter-American Human Rights System (2018), pp. 235-255.pdf
- Sergio Garcia Ramirez - Relationship between Inter-Am. Jurisdiction & States.pdf
- IACHR - Situation of Human Rights in Guatemala (2015), pp. 7-29.docx
- IACHR - Situation of Human Rights in Honduras (2015), pp. 7-43.docx
- IACHR - Guarantees for the Independence of Justice Operators(2013), pp. 5-24.doc
- Stuart S. Yeh, Why UN Inspections - Corruption, Accountability, and the Rule of Law, 11 S.C. J. Int'l L. & Bus. 225 (2015), pp. 225-259.pdf
- McKay, F. (2013) What Outcomes for Victims?.pdf
2018 CR Student Handbook - Newsletter.pdf
Costa Rica Facebook Page
3.12.18 - Email 1 - General information and reminders.pdf
3.19.18 - Email 2 - Financial Aid and Facebook.pdf
4.3.18 - Email #3 - Orientation, Tuition deadline, Passport and Waivers.pdf
4.11.18 - Email #4 - Tuition Due and Orientation.pdf
Other Items from SCU:
SCU Student Code of Conduct
Department of State Country Specific Information
Centers for Disease Control Traveler's Health
Department of State Worldwide Travel Alert
How to Make Sure You Travel with Medication Legally
Department of State - Costa Rica Specific Info.
Centers for Disease Control - Costa Rica Specific Info.
Centers for Disease Control - Mexico Specific Info.
Department of State - Mexico Specific Info
Center for Disease Control - Peru Specific Info.
Department of State - Peru Specific Info.
Center for Disease Control - Dominican Republic Specific Info.
Department of State - Dominican Republic Specific Info.
Center for Disease Control - Puerto Rico Specific Info.
Miscellaneous Travel Links