Announcements : LAW: Singapore 2018
Announcement: LAW: Singapore 2018
Program Director Information:
Prof. Tseming Yang
I now have a local Singapore phone number (94863408), but you can also reach me via the web-based messenger service WhatsApp. My WhatsApp contact is my US Cell-phone number 1-802-922-8281.
Prof. Anna Han
In Case of Emergency:
- If it is a life-threatening situation, call your local version of 911 first. If you, or someone else, are able to, call the phone number on your CHUBB card so that they can provide you with guidance.
- Contact your Program Director so that they are aware of the situation and can help locally.
- Call Santa Clara University's Campus Safety at (408) 554-4444 to let them know about any urgent situations. They will initiate a phone tree at Santa Clara.
- Send an email (email@example.com) or leave a voicemail (+1-408-551-1955) at the Center for Global Law and Policy
- Caller First and Last Name
- Caller relationship to person calling about
- Caller contact information
- First and Last Name of the student/participant involved
- Country in which the student/participant is currently located
- Name of the Program Abroad (make sure to mention Law)
- SCU ID#
- Detailed description of the situation (What happened to whom, when and where, etc.)
- Contact information for the student/participant, if different from the caller
- Who you have already contacted or left a message with
[Superseded -Draft Singapore 2018 Summer Syllabus 5-2-2018.pdf]
[Superseded - Final 5-18-2018 Singapore 2018 Summer Schedule.pdf]
FinalUpdated 5-31-2018 Singapore 2018 Summer Schedule.pdf
Course Reading Materials [up-to-date as of 6-7-2018]:
Week 1 Readings [in order of lectures, as of 6-7-2018]:
Monday, May 21 (Prof. Maartje de Visser): 1_MonMay21deVisserCombReading.pdf
[ppt slides: 1) Singapore Legal System - overview SlidesReduced .pdf, 2) Introduction to SEA Legal Systems- SlidesReduced.pdf]
Tuesday, May 22 (Prof. Jack Teo) - please note the rescheduling of lectures: 2_Tue&WedMay22&23JTeoReading.pdf
[ppt slides: SantaClara22May.pdf]
Wednesday, May 23 (Prof. Lye): 4_FriMay25LyeReading.pdf
[ppt slides: 1) U of Santa Clara -seminar 1- Innovative approaches fr S'pore May 2018.pdf, 2) LH Lye - U of Santa Clara seminar II - Devmts in Substantive & Procedural laws May 2018.pdf)
Thursday, May 24 (Prof. Ewing-Chow): 3_ThuMay24Ewing-ChowReading.pdf
[ppt slides: MECSlidesMay24.pptx]
Friday, May 25 (Prof. Jack Teo): same/continuation of reading for Tuesday May 22 (see above)
[ppt slides: 1) SCCG.pptx 2) SantaClara25May.pptx]
Week 2 Readings [as of 6-7-2018]:
Monday, May 28 (Kai-Niklas Schneider, Esq.): 5_PrivateEquity&Islamic Finance.pdf
[ppt slides: Introduction to Private Equity Funds and Islamic Finance (SCU) - May 2018.pdf]
Tuesday, May 29 (Prof. Tseming Yang): 6_TueMay29YangReading.pdf
[ppt slides: IntroELaw5-28-2018.pdf]
Wednesday, May 30 (Prof. Yang & Michelle White, Esq.): Please skim 7_WedMay30YangReadings.pdf
[ppt slides: China E-Law 5-30.pdf]
Thursday, May 31 (Yibin Chu & Prof. Kheng Lian Koh): 1) 8_ThuMay31ChuReadings.pdf, 2) 9_ThuMay31KohReading.pdf
Friday, June 1 - No class
Week 3 Readings [as of 6-7-2018]:
Monday, June 4 (Prof. Yang): 10_MonJune4YangReading.pdf
[ppt slides: IntrotoIELFinal6-4-2018.pdf]
Tuesday, June 5 (Prof. Yang): 11_TueRevisedJune5Wong&YangReading.pdf
[ppt slides: AVA presentation_SMU (1).pdf Climate Change Overview 6-5.pdf ClimateTreaties6-5.pdf]
Wednesday, June 6 (Roche & Vimaljit Kaur): 12_WedJune6KaurReading.pdf
[ppt slides: Private Corporations Sustainability and Climate Change (Lecture PPT)(FIN... (1).pdf]
Thursday, June 7 (Vimaljit Kaur): Skim articles: A domestic solution for cross border human rights harm_ Singapore.pdf EIA-Who-Watches-the-Watchmen-FINAL.pdf For reference: Transboundary Haze Pollution Act 2014 copy.pdf]
[ppt slides: Private Actor Accountability - THPA.pdf]
Friday, Jun 8 - Final Exam
Singapore Facebook Group
3.12.18 - Email 1 - General information and reminders.pdf
3.19.18 - Email 2 - Financial Aid and Facebook.pdf
4.3.18 - Email #3 - Orientation, Tuition deadline, Passport and Waivers.pdf
4.11.18 - Email #4 - Tuition Due and Orientation.pdf
Other Items from SCU:
SCU Student Code of Conduct
Department of State Country Specific Information
Centers for Disease Control Traveler's Health
Department of State Worldwide Travel Alert
How to Make Sure You Travel with Medication Legally
Department of State - Singapore Specific Info.
Centers for Disease Control - Singapore Specific Info.
Department of State - India Specific Info.
Centers for Disease Control - India Specific Info.
Department of State - Cambodia Specific Info.
Centers for Disease Control - Cambodia Specific Info.
Department of State - Vietnam Specific Info.
Centers for Disease Control - Vietnam Specific Info.